Brand: Francois Louis
The Spectruoso ML has an ogival, more traditional type of chamber. It offers quite the same advantages of dynamics with more separation in the spectrum between highs and lows. A more airy sound with a lot of bounce. The perfect mouthpiece for Hard Bop style. Reminiscent of the sound of the 1950s, playing with the efficiency of the best modern mouthpieces.
- A185 is a 1.85 mm tip opening (72/00) equivalent to the traditional 5/5* opening. Combined with a medium short facing length and a progressive facing curve. Very stable with enough flexibility to vary sound colors, fast response.
- Best fit with 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 reeds, Jazz cut as well as Classical cut.
- A205 is a 2.05 mm tip opening (80/00) equivalent to the traditional 6 opening. Combined with a short facing length and a progressive facing curve. This is the universal mouthpiece: very stable, centered pitch, small enough to be playable by amateurs and students, big enough to put some air and be playable by professionals. Very precise. Extremely responsive and fast staccato with a lot of projection.
- Best fit with 2 1/2 to 4 reeds, Jazz or Classical cut
- A235 is a 2.35 mm tip opening (92/00) equivalent to the traditional 7* opening. Combined with a medium long facing length and a soft facing curve. Due to the longer facing curve, it brings more resistance and takes more air. (This make it feel bigger) The soft curve gives it a lot of flexibility. This is the best mouthpiece for the professional players that need to use all possibilities of dynamics, sound colors and range in one mouthpiece, without having to struggle too hard on a real big mouthpiece.
- Best fit with 2 1/2 to 4 reeds. Even if the Classical cut will play good, the Jazz cut will be a better fit with this type of facing.
We Also Recommend