Roland SP-404 Mk II Linear Wave Sound Sampler with OLED Display
The Roland SP-404MKII has everything you loved about its predecessor, but with added features such as 17 ultra-expressive pads and updated knobs for smoother control.
SP samplers feature rapid workflow, portability, and tactile approach. The SP-404MKII has a lightweight and rugged design while adding features that make it easier to create. Portable power with AA or mobile battery power allows you to capture audio from or stream directly to your mobile device via USB, or collaborate using the dual headphones outputs and mic/guitar input.
The SP404MKII’s OLED screen has zoomable waveform view. You can chop up samples by tapping out edit points in real-time, or use auto chop to slice samples automatically. Using envelope, pitch shift, and resampling workflow to re-record patterns and effects layers for detailed sound design. Make your sounds unique with SP effects. Use SP classics like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper or some of the additions that include Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator.
Ready to use with the pre-loaded sounds included in the 16 GB of internal memory. There's plenty of samples to choose from or easily store your own.
The SP-404MKII allows for personalization with your own style or branding for a unique look. Grab the faceplate template from the Documentation Tab to create custom overlays. Customize your startup screen with personalized logos and select a screensaver.
Download and use the SP-404MKII App from Roland Cloud Manager with your Mac or Windows computer. This app allows access for more detailed waveform editing, assign samples to pads, and import MIDI files and legacy SP-404SX and SP-404A projects for remixing and updating.
- Vivid OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access, and more
- Versatile power options: USB-C, mobile battery (via USB-C port), six AA batteries, or AC adapter
- 17 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads with no-click design
- 16 GB internal storage
- Lightweight design (2.4 lbs./1.1 kg)
- 32-voice polyphony, 160 samples per project, and 16 internal projects for expanded programming possibilities
- Sample Editing with real-time or auto-chop mode, auto BPM detect, envelope, pitch shift, and resampling for layering sounds and phrases
- Pre-loaded sound library with 144 samples and patterns
- Removable metal faceplate, downloadable outline template, multiple screensavers, and personalized startup logos
- I/O includes 1/4-inch line in/out, 1/4-inch mic/guitar input, 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch headphones outputs, and 1/8-inch TRS MIDI in/out
- Audio capture and streaming supported with mobile devices and computers via USB-C
- Skip Back Sampling to automatically capture up to 25 seconds of audio from last performance
- Bus FX for layering multiple effects, with adjustable routing for creating intricate sound textures
- Pattern sequencer with the ability to create full songs with BPM per bank
- Chain patterns for automatic playback and use Pad Link to trigger up to four samples with a single press
- DJ Mode for live performance
We Also Recommend