When Fender released the Stratocaster in 1954, they didn't set out to create a classic-but they did. The Stratocaster's sleek style, articulate sound and plethora of innovations redefined electric guitar and opened up a brave new world of musical possibilities. The American Original '50s Stratocaster maintains Fender's legendary original-era style and ground-breaking tone, while adding modern feel and pickup switching.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '59 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the Formvar-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick "Soft V" neck profile is perfect for chording, while the 9.5"-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge-vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood "breathe" naturally, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
- Alder or ash body (White Blonde only) with lacquer finish
- Three Pure Vintage '59 single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Thick "Soft V"-shaped neck profile; 9.5"-radius fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; six-point synchronized tremolo bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
We Also Recommend