We are assisting a customer in selling his 1958 Flying V. Offers will be considered. Thanks.
The guitar was acquired by our customer's brother in 1966. His brother's band was playing at a hotel in Puerto Rico. The guitar had been left at the hotel as payment for a bill. His brother payed the bill to get the guitar, which was in pretty rough shape. It had been painted green and two wood screws had been drilled through the neck pocket into the neck. It did have the original case, which has since been sold separately.
The guitar was taken to New York City where it was painted red, white and blue with stars and rewired at Danelectro. Our customer received the guitar from his brother in 1972 and has had it for 47 years. It was re-fretted in 1977 here at Woodsy's Music. At some point in this era a third pickup was added in the middle position.
In 1981 the guitar was loaned to Joe Walsh to take on tour. Joe returned it in 1985. That year it was taken to Lay's Guitar Repair in Akron, OH. To be refinished back to the original natural Korina. The screws in the back of the neck were replaced with wooden dowels. The third pickup was removed and the routing blocked back in. Tuners, bridge, pick guard, pots and knobs were replaced.
The bridge has since been replaced with a 50's vintage original gold Tune-A-Matic.
- Serial # 8 2835
- Overall condition: Very Good
- Has been refinished (1985)
- Had 2 screws into neck joint at one time – replaced with dowels
- Has had some rewiring work
- Has been re-fretted (1977)
- Had 3 pickups at one time – middle pocket plugged at time of refinish
- Tuners are gold Kluson style replacements
- Pickguard, pots and knobs are not original
- Reproduction original style case
- Has original P.A.F. Pickups with replacement gold covers (neck 7.54 – bridge 7.18)
- Truss rod cover, toggle switch, jack and string plate are all original
- Bridge is a gold, non-wire original Tune-A-Matic, 50's vintage
- $ 350,000.00
PLEASE NOTE: Currently this product is not available for purchase online. Please call to order: 1-800-468-1525
We Also Recommend